- Serving dealers for over 17 years
- Flexible and creative lease terms that address a future sale of operations, lease assignments, and substitutions
- Long-term approach to relationships that ensure a true growth partner
- Construction financing for new improvements and expansion
- Dealers maintain long-term site control without the necessity of ownership
- Dealers may defer capital gains taxes in the U.S. and Canada through our Operating Partnership Unit Program
U.S. and Canada
- Underwritten and purchased more automotive real estate than any other company
- A combination of automotive, finance, and real estate experts delivering creative solutions to dealers
- We maintain strong working relationships with highly respected automotive industry leaders
- Our team actively participates in automotive events throughout the year
As the first company solely focused on providing highly tailored sale-leaseback capital to the automotive retail industry, Capital Automotive has supported automobile dealers since 1997. The company’s stock was publicly traded on NASDAQ through December of 2005 when we completed a privatization. In October 2014, Capital Automotive was acquired by Brookfield Property Partners and its institutional partners.
Through custom tailored real estate finance, we have assisted dealer groups in growing their organizations, acquiring new locations, upgrading existing facilities, constructing new stores, and facilitating estate planning and partner buyouts. In many situations, we have aided dealers by maximizing liquidity and flexibility.
Our creation was a collaboration of automobile dealers and experts in real estate, and finance. Since inception, our team of professionals has developed and maintained relationships throughout the industry that have provided us with an in-house level of expertise unparalleled in the marketplace. By listening to our clients and prospects, we continue to add new products and tailor existing products to better serve the auto retail industry.
- Capital Automotive Financial (CAF) partners with CARS and Two Sigma Private Investments to launch a platform that invests equity in Automotive Retail Industry. [Press Release]
- Attending NADA Annual Convention & Expo in New Orleans from January 26, 2017 through January 29, 2017.
- Attending Auto Team America Buy/Sell Summit & CEO/CFO Forum.
- Attended the NADC Fall Conference in Chicago, IL from October 23, 2016 through October 25, 2016.
- Attended the AICPA National Auto Dealer Conference in Las Vegas, NV from October 5, 2016 through October 7, 2016.
- Presented at the Moss Adams CFO and Controller Workshop in Las Vegas, NV from June 22, 2016 through June 24, 2016.